Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Examples Of Pigeon Toed

AM INDIA ... WITHOUT YOU I AM Marrano


I
India.
Morena, flat face, in a country
obsessively racist.

... I am a lesbian, in a nation
who compulsively pursues me.

Again,
free to decide about my body,
territory of those making
laws that sought to stifle.

do not believe in their god, even though I live
State
oppressively Catholic.

invoke the goddesses,
within
patriarchy for thousands of years to try to hide.

participate in the labor struggle, a people
and traded and in the hands of the employer.

know the importance of the argumentative work,
when in my country are jailed
who disagrees.

'm anti-imperialist,
living next to Bush.

'm fat,
in the cradle of torture
aesthetic
of anorexia and bulimia.

I have given birth,
an era that ended with hope,
long ago.

I bet the liberation struggle,
in the realm of television.

I'm poor,
in a world where eating crumbs
many millions of poor.

I am a feminist,
in a hostile land
the word woman.


I am a woman at a time when
femicide has become disposable.

course
say I'm crazy, very crazy
.

I'm weird, I've become strange.
That I have no place in the world.

So I have no other:
I have to give name to racism,
be noted contempt,
to choose on my life, to arm myself
patriarchy,
to invent the faith give it to my daughter,
to rebel against the employer,
to write for the freedom to political prisoners.
to denounce the empire,
to love my body,
to turn off the TV,
to show my pockets,
to act against misogyny,
to seek justice for mine,
to demand punishment for the murderers.

For all these reasons,
I have no choice but to give them
the bad news to good and quiet conscience:

I'm here. Requiring
cries
the world where I belong.
And I will not shut my mouth, or to disappear.

Karina Vergara Patricia Sánchez

0 comments:

Post a Comment